Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Review! Cellnique Body Plush Emulsion Wash

Ignore my curtain please.
Six months ago, I jumped onto the environmental movement wagon of using natural ingredients for bath products. I started using Lush soaps as the do not use any additional packaging, use mostly naturally occurring ingredients, and have cute descriptions. Yes, a sucker, I know.

Fast forward to the present, I can honestly say that in this 6 months, I have rarely touched my shower gels/wash, until this. This product is scheduled to be launched this month of October, so you can't find it on their website yet. I have been using this everyday for the past week so I guess I am well able to give my honest opinion.

The verdict? I kinda like it. 

Cellnique says:
An invigorating burst of fragrant sumptuousness; and a gentle caress of velvety opulence. Formulated with a bouquet of rich, moisturizing ingredients, the silky cream coats the skin like a layer of gossamer. Perfumed with the finest essence of Orange, the cream's spellbinding scent envelopes you in a sweet-smelling cocoon, and intoxicates you with its aroma-therapeutic fragrance. In spite of its lavish thickness, the cream rinses off easily, while leaving the skin feeling deliciously soft and sinfully smooth. The gorgeous scent of citrus - though not overpowering - lingers lightly on the skin long after you step out of the shower.
Yeah, I typed the whole thing out!


Phew, I hope you actually read it. I had to type it word for word from the press release as I am using Adobe Reader, not Acrobat. (Long after I finished typing this, I realized that there IS a word select tool in Reader. Dang.) There is a whole bunch of other words in the next 2 pages in the press release, but I won't bore you with the details.

Why I like it:
  • It is moisturizing. I don't have dry skin but my hands do get papery when I am in the office. Can't say I feel that now, even though the temperature and humidity hasn't changed in my work environment. (They say it is the Olive Oil in it.) By the way, I don't use lotion at all.
  • It lathers really well. BUT. Take note that I have been using soap all these while, which kinda suck in lathering up.
  • I am a floral girl, who shun sweetness and fruitiness in skin product. The citrus smell however, I really, really likey. Enough so that I am going to change my current shower flavour soon.
Why you might not like it:
  • The citrus smell might be too overpowering. Don't believe the 'Cellnique says'. The citrusy smell is really strong.
  • You won't get the squeaky clean feeling after washing up. 
  • It is RM 59.00 for a mere 250ml.
The last point does not bother me as much as it should. By comparison, a Lush shower gel with the same 250 ml has a price tag from £6 to £9. Add in the shipping, multiply by 5, and it's about the same or even higher in RM.

So should you try it? Well, if you have some spare change lying around the sofa, dig it up, buy one and try it. I am totally in love with the citrus smell.

Kahani from So Loverly has a review on this too!


Price: RM 59.00
Net Weight: 250ml
Available at: www.cellnique.com

The ingredient list:
Can you read it?
*This product was provided by Cellnique for a product review.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails