Monday, July 7, 2008

Amateur Sniff: Rose Perfume and Some Other Thorns

My phone was admitted a second time and therefore I had no more drive to review anything anymore due to the fact that I can't take any pictures. Grrr. However, 2 packages arrived today with my first perfume samples haul and I am excited to share with you all my views and also the current result of my quest.

Rose Category
  • L'Occitane Eau des 4 Reines
    Notes: Grasse Rose, Turkish Rose, Bulgarian Rose, Moroccan Rose makes up the main heart notes.
    My Take: Best rose scent of the bunch, purely because the rose is very dominant. The scent is very old-fashioned, very matured. A scent that I would wear for day and when I want men to come close and try to find out what is that pleasant smell.

  • Valentino Rock 'N Rose
    Notes: Bergamot, Black Currant, Crunch Green, Orange Blossom, Gardenia, Muguet, Rose, Sandalwood, Orris, Musky Notes, Vanilla, Heliotrope.
    My Take: Very sweet, girly version of rose. Perfect for a girl's day out and somewhat useless for roping in men. But I still like it.

  • Salvatore Ferragamo F By Ferragamo
    Notes: Jasmine, intoxicating rose and orange blossom
    My Take: Not as sweet as Rock 'N Rose, but still sweet. This is not a pure rose scent (top notes has citrusy, fruity feeling) but I am still happy with it as I did not expect it to smell like this when I purchased it

  • Givenchy Very Irresistible
    Notes: Centifolia Rose, Peony Rose, Fantasia Rose, Passion Rose, Emotion Rose, Verbena Leaf, Star Anise.
    My Take: Utterly disappointed by it. The rose scents smells vulgar and overpowering. It smells somewhat musky and sharp to me, or something that an 80 year old lady would spray liberally everywhere and make people noxious.


Thorn Category
  • GUESS EDP
    Notes: Tangerine, green apple, freesia, pink peony, muguet, peach, red fruit, cedar wood, amber and musk
    My Take: Nothing special or memorable about it. Just another run-of-the-mill sweet fruity floral.

  • Karl Lagerfeld Sun, Moon & Stars
    Notes: Oriental florals, amber, musk and orange blossom.
    My Take: The first whiff almost took my pants off! It is so sharp with a distinctive ozone smell and it completely turned me off. Although I have to admit once the top notes dissipated, it is still an acceptable floral.


Unsure Category
  • Tony & Tina Vibrational Remedy
    Notes:Tea, Blackcurrant, Bergamot, Peony, Mango, Bitter Orange, Neroli, Buchu, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Musk
    My Take: Still unsure about this. Top notes smell sweet and lemony while middle notes are floral. Its suppose to be good for the body, mind and spirit (hence 'Remedy') thought I haven't tested it out yet


Unexpected Gem Category
  • Chanel Coco
    Notes: Peach, coriander, Comorus Island blossom, Spice Island clove bud, frangipani, Indian jasmine, Carribean Cacarida, French angelica, mimosa and Bulgarian rose, Amber, Leather, Mysore sandlewood
    My Take: I knew it would smell like something my mother would like and I was right. What I did not know was that I would love it too. It smells very spicy to me, and very sensual. It reminds me of being entwined within the sheets of the bed, and low lights. This is definitely for the night.

  • L'Artisan Parfumeur Mure Et Musc Extreme (Blackberry & Musk)
    Notes: From its fine bottle initially rises the fresh enchanting scent of the blackberry season followed by its fruity heart with the soft, intoxicating sensuality of musk reinforcing the blackberry note, bringing forth sensuous memories to make you delicately dizzy.
    My Take: Gorgeous amazing sweet scent of blackberry! Good enough to lick and eat! Totally in love with it, but too bad this is not available here. This is made by a French Perfumery, although you can still purchase it in the US. Really expensive, USD 115 for 50ml!


Whether you agree with me or not, this is purely based on my opinions. Good night, and good smell ladies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails