Thursday, October 4, 2007

Beauty Loves: ZA Deep Cleansing Oil


Swiftly dissolves and washes away oils, impurities and makeup clogging pores

Is it just me, or does the word 'dissolve' scares the bejeebers out of you too? It somehow puts the image of skull and bones into my brain, with the word 'ACID' bouncing happily around in the mind vault. And since it repeats a total of 3 times in the whole bottle, 3 'ACID' is now playing catch-me-if-you-can, dodging around gray cells ala Bollywood style.

However you would be happy to know, this cleansing oil does it's job quite satisfactorily. It throughly removes makeup, waterproof or otherwise without missing any spots. You could even say it is the 'Dynamo' of cosmetics.

* Dynamo is a famous detergent in Malaysia

It does not dry out your skin, leaving it taut and uncomfortable, as some cleanser powerful enough for mascara is known to do so. It is gentle enough for your eye, although if some do get into your eye, you will encounter mild discomfort and blurred vision for a couple of minute.

It leaves the skin soft and smooth and more importantly, although it's main ingredient is mineral oil and it contains olive oil and rice germ oil, it did not clog my pores and causes pimples. However it is to be noted that some people do experience breakouts and clogged pores, so I would have to say that if you are one of those people, STOP USING IT IMMEDIATELY but don't complain that it is useless. One woman's treasure might be your poison. *grin*

Using it is pretty easy. For me, usually I start by removing eye makeup with a makeup remover. This step is not necessary; it's just that I find it disturbing to see 2 black patches where my eye socket should be. Pump a few times into your dry palm, rub your palms together to distribute it evenly in 2 hands and start rubbing it gently on your face. Trace soft circles on you eye area and rub gently on the lashes to get rid of mascara and remaining liner. Massage your face too if you wish to.

When you are done, splash water on your face and watch the oil emulsify! Or as I call it, 'milkyfy', as it turns into a milky white colour. Don't worry if you find your face still retains a not-clean feeling after washing off, drying your face will get rid of it(Well, I think you don't have to worry). However, it is recommended to use a cleanser next, which will surely get rid of that feeling.

Milkyfy


(Personally, I agree with my beautician. Double cleansing is THE most important thing in your routine. Followed by toner. And eye serum. And moisturizer. And....)

Price: RM 23.90 (Watch out for twin packs! Retails for RM 29.90 only!)
Net Weight: 100 ml
Suitable for: All types supposedly. But better steal a use from your friend to test it out first
Dependency: None
Available at: Pharmacies
Would I buy this again: YES


Tip #1
This is a great alternative to Shu Uemura. Cheaper.

Tip #2
No, there's no fire or smoke in your house. Splash your eye with clear water and blink rapidly to get rid of it.

4 comments:

prettybeautiful said...

from yr description it sounds pretty decent for the price. ish you made me feel like trying out too!

Tine said...

I almost bought this one before I bought the Kanebo Freshel C's instead. Sounds like a good buy :)

Jessie said...

prettybeautiful: do try it out! then you can tell me which is better, this or Cyber Colours :)

tine: how's Kanebo's?

will try out Shu Uemura's in the near future :)

jiayin said...

totally agree! that's why I googled it cuz I wana resupply my ZA cleansing oil, but no idea if I can get it in US

Gabby

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails