Saturday, September 29, 2007

Beauty Loves: The Body Shop Body Butter


No, I have no idea what passion fruit is. But I tell you, I love the smell to bits.

This is the second body butter I have tried and I love to use both of them so much, I think I will have trouble choosing my third tub, what with the many choice of flavours. Even the name 'body butter' sounds so good, I want to give a hats off and a solemn prayer for Dame Anita Roddick for coming up with it. We will heart you forever.

So what is body butter? Do we spread it on ourselves and roll over giant bits of bread? Do we spread it on bread and stick them on our bodies? Do we fry eggs with it? Of course not, silly. Body butter is a body moisturizer, or in layman terms, a body lotion. However, it is in a cream form which packs on a big wallop of moisture and goodness.

Thick...

Creamy...

You got it. Just like butter. Not only that, each of the different flavours have special ingredients, either shea butter or cocoa butter or both. Shea butter is an emollient that is usually used in creams and lotions. It is a kind of fat that is extracted from the nut of a tree. Cocoa butter is also another kind of creamy fat which is extracted from the seeds of the cocoa plant. It not only makes good chocolate, it is a great additive to skincare and body care.

(Peanut Butter Jelly without the Peanut)



Enough of the technical stuff.

Previously I had rough skin with small little bumps, especially on my arms. Then I tried this Passion Fruit body butter and after a few weeks, it worked so well it gave me the shivers. Smooth skin all over that I can't stop touching and skimming. Can you imagine what that will do to your other half? They will never get enough of you! *snicker*

The cream will take some time to be absorbed into your skin, so what I do is I apply it every night before I go to bed. The gorgeous smell will slowly lure me to sleep and I'll dream of bubbly passion fruits bobbing their way to a giant butter churning machine.

Even my cats love it and will try to lick them off me.

Price: RM 55.00
Net Weight: 200ml
Suitable for: All skin types
Dependency: None
Available at: The Body Shop
Would I buy this again: YES


Tip #1
Choose your flavour carefully. When I was in NZ, Mango(for very dry skin) works for me but back here I find it too oily. Now I am using those for normal/dry skin.

2 comments:

prettybeautiful said...

oh i used and wrote about this before too. I love its scent! Another two that I used before was blueberry and avocado or something. good buy! ^_^

TinTin said...

yeah...share the same body butter as yours...i like the Passion Fruit Series...just simply love it's smell so much ^^

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails