Friday, September 21, 2007

Beauty Loves: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner


This has got to be my favorite eyeliner in the whole wide world, for now. It is relatively smudge prove, sweat prove, rain prove, tears prove and spit prove *grin*

This gel liner comes in a little glass pot which could be quite heavy for some people. The gel texture is like smooth cream without being too thick, and it dries pretty fast once applied. In fact according to the MUA, it would not be wise to take your own sweet time when drawing your liner, as this will cause the gel to harden inthe pot. So what I usually do is dip my brush into the gel and then use the cover to semi-cover the pot. Who knows whether this will prolong the life of the gel?

This gel is good for both upper and lower line, but beware if you have oily lower lids, as I find that they usually smear into nothingness by the end of the day. This might also be because I do not apply eye base at all.


(I'm using Black Ink)



According to other reviews, some of them find it hard to use as they can't handle the brush way of lining eyes; I say try it out at your local counter else you'll regret buying it. (In fact I don't mind if you don't, then you can sell me your pot!)

A little of this stuff goes a long way so one pot can last 6 months - 1 year depending on whether you use it everyday.

Price: RM 65
Net Weight: 3 gram
Suitable for: Moderate makeup user and UP
Dependency: Brush
Available at: BB counters
Would I buy this again: YES, and I'm eye'ing the other colours


Tip #1
The MUA said to scoop up a chunk of gel, use the back of your hand as a palette, and shape your brush into a pointy tip before applying. Don't bother; cheapskates like me find it is the same if you just coat both sides of your brush with a thin layer directly from the pot.

Tip #2
Overlay the line with eyeshadow to subtlety change the colour of your liner.

Tip #3
Start with a thin line first, then gradually thicken it.

3 comments:

Paris said...

I love this liner too! Welcome to the beauty blog club! :) You can find me at www.mywomenstuff.com. I can't input my URL because of your moderation. Hope to see more of you around.

Jessie said...

Thanks! I have to say, you are one of the people who inspire me :)

Cassandra L said...

hallo!

Thanks for the link! I have just bought this gel liner, and haven't tried putting it on myself yet, but I've heard such great stuff on this, so... hell.... just buy la!

BTW, I like your description at the top right of your blog...

beauty and uglies.. and survival.. hahahahhaha how true.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails